Tomatoes are available all year round and consumed in a huge variety of ways. While it is botanically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable for culinary purposes, and can be used fresh, cooked or dried. The fruit is rich in lycopene, which has many beneficial health effects.
- are high in antioxidants, helping to prevent cell damage
- reduce the risk of cancer
- help to lower blood pressure
- lower cholesterol and reduces risk of heart disease
- reduce risk of diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels
- are high in vitamin A, promotes healthy eyes, teeth, skin and bones
- boost immunity